A Virtual Celebration for a Real Difference
The COVID-19 pandemic has had a sudden and substantial negative impact on all sectors of our economy, and long-lasting effects on our communities.
This year, we are celebrating our annual Blisters for Bread Walk in an untypical environment.
While this popular charity family fun walk will not be taking place in its original format this year due to the COVID-19 pandemic, PSFA invites you to join them in the fight against hunger by entering and participating in your own walk with family and friends in your neighbourhoods or communities from now until Sunday 8 November 2020.
Enter your walk at the cost of only R60 on Quicket (Link: https://bit.ly/3hcu9I5).
Your entry fee will enable PSFA to provide 24 school children effected by poverty with a nutritious cooked breakfast and lunch for an entire day.
Virtual Celebration Concert
Included in your R60 entry fee, is a complimentary ticket to the virtual celebration concert starring Cape Town pop sensations Jarrad Ricketts, Craig Lucas and Palesa Xola Toto (Idols season 15), which takes place on Sunday 8 November at 1 pm. For those of you who do not wish to do a walk and just want to watch the concert, the ticket price is also R60 and can be booked on Quicket.
How you can win
To stand a chance of winning a cash prize of R5 000 from Lucky Star and Heart FM, all you would need to do is the following:
- Create and print your own walk number card/s to be worn by everyone participating in your walk.
- Post your pictures or video clips showing the fun you are having during your walk. Remember to adhere to the COVID-19 regulations.
- When you post your pics and video clips, make sure to tag @HeartFM @LuckyStar @PSFA.org
- Use the following hashtags #WalkToFeed #UniteAgainstChildhoodHunger #PSFA #CelebrationConcert .
- You can also post on the Blisters for Bread in association with Lucky Star Virtual Celebration Walk & Concert Facebook event page, or email to email@example.com.
- Your walk could feature during the celebration concert.
Please note: Four entries will be randomly selected and each will win a R5 000 cash prize. All winners will be announced on Heart FM.
PSFA also invites you to share your memories of the fun you have had participating in past Blisters for Bread Walks over the years in the form of photos, written accounts and videos. Some of these will be selected and shared during the celebration concert.
If you are unable to join us virtually for the Blisters for Bread in association with Lucky Star Celebration Walk & Concert this year, we encourage you to consider making a donation. This can be done on Quicket; or by logging onto our website www.psfa.org.za.
100% of all donations will go towards school feeding and are tax-deductible.
Get ready to walk, dance and celebrate with us.
Quicket Link: https://bit.ly/3hcu9I5