NDA awards PSFA with a grant to provide our volunteer food preparers with accredited training
Posted on June 29th, 2022 by Charles Grey
Thanks to a generous grant awarded by the National Development Agency – NDA, PSFA was able to identify and provide 17 of our volunteer food preparers and one PSFA staff member with an intensive five-day accredited training course in Professional Cookery – NQF level 4.
The course which took place at our warehouse from 20 -24 June 2022, included the following modules:
- How to maintain a safe working environment
- How to maintain the cleaning programme for own area of responsibility
- How to maintain health, hygiene and professional appearance
- How to prepare and cook basic rice dishes
- How to prepare vegetables for hot and cold dishes
- How to prepare and cook basic vegetable dishes
- How to apply for a job or work experience placement
- How to source information about self-employment opportunities
This course will without a doubt enhance their skills and ability to secure better jobs.